Subject: Re: [Leica] Xtol long
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Sun, 09 May 1999 17:47:13 -0700

Tim Atherton wrote:

> I know this has  been hashed over before, but what is the current wisdom on
> Xtol and Delta (400). I like Xtol for Kodak films, but haven't tried it with
> Ilford.
>
> Tim A

Not what you're asking really but today I'm heading out with my Leica M
system and I'm out of my usual 400 films and I took a magic marker and
put a 200 on a roll of Delta 100 and set my M6 to 200. It keeps saying
everywhere that this film can be shot with Xtol at 200 or 400 so I
thought I'd give it a shot. I even have two sources of developing times
for this and I'm at using a 1:2 dilution. If it needs to be warmer than
fine. If I'm able to get a real stop of two shadow speed increase the
whole issue gets much more interesting and complicated!
Mark Rabiner