Subject: Re: [Leica] 2 x Converter
From: m037iu00@cwcom.net
Date: Sat, 22 May 1999 10:00:15 +0100

Jim,
I certainly wasn't trying to say that Leica lags/lagged in the converter design
stakes, the first R converter, released in 1980, probably set the standards for
other manufacturers to work towards.
Rather, I was referring to the design and production of a rangefinder converter,
something which requires rather more in the way of engineering to maintain the
focus accurately (not that I'm totally sure they achieved that) and providing a
variable viewfinder to match the resulting focal lengths (though that also was a
disappointment) whilst creatively offering the facility for any Leica (r/f) lens
to be used on any Leica (r/f) camera.
All this was achieved, I think, back in the late1970s, though I'd appreciate any
further information on the exact dates of production.

best regards,

Jem