Subject: Re: [Leica] Canon really has AF figured out...BLASHPEMY? Or it is?
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 1999 10:09:48 -0700

Gary Elshaw wrote:

> Sorry, but I couldn't resist responding. I'm a 28 year old Leica user who
> started out by purchasing an a screwmount elmar 90.><snip>
> Peter raised an interesting point about Leica marketing missing the
> Generation X market. Well I can honestly say I'm realistic about very
> little, and yet I think that Leica has probably correctly pin-pointed their
> market. Very few twenty-somethings can afford to buy Leica. ><snip> My M3 just looked too old and
> esoteric.
>
> Best wishes to you all,
> Gary
>
> Peter K wrote:
>
> " I am sure we will find some twenty somethings who use Leica Ms as well,
><snip>

There is something genteel about a silver M6. A black one looks quite
sexy and if kids didn't spend all their spare bucks on Audio CD's you'd
see more with them.
I have never in my life seen ONE younger 20 something or teen with a
Leica. But they must be out there some of them listen to vinyl and have
appreciation of objects of resonance.
Mark Rabiner