Subject: RE: [Leica] Calling all Bostonian LUGnuts (apathetic or otherwise)
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 10:23:31 -0400

Yes...It was 97! in freaking Boston, but I was in NYC, where it was 94..but
the air was totally unbreathable...

And, yes, Tootsie is the confirmation giver..

ON TOPIC...

When I had dinner with the delightful Medley's during their recent and
frenetic stay in Boston, David demonstrated the way to avoid wasting
exposure after exposure by accidentally tripping the TA Softie: He places a
large rubber band between the softie and the camera body...it works...

I have, however, improved slightly on his "invention": Take a small, 2"
long, rubber band, remove your camera strap, run it through the band, and
reconnect the strap....When you're not shooting, slip one end of the rubber
band around the softie, the other end remains around the strap...when you
shoot, just flip the band off the softie and it hands on the strap....Always
there...I had given up on using the softie because I found the accidental
exposures so frustrating...now I am once again a happy Softie...user...

That's the high-tech Leica fix for the day...