Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica and Watches.
From: "Bill O'Connell" <woc2@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 1999 10:28:55 -0400

  Javier wrote in part;
  http://www.zenithwatches.ch/r02_4724.htm
  whadayathink????
  Is this a watch like it oughta be or what?
  Keep your Daytonas
  Gimme a Zenith.

That is a great watch.  A friend, much deeper into watchs then I has
one.  Interesting thing about the Zenith is that it is not well known,
thus the bearer is not likely to be accused of flaunting anything :->
(semi on topic, he has a Leica too).
Which Daytona?  Rolex or Heuer (note no Tag)?  Have both and will
probably keep them in lieu of a Zenith.  Both are from another era, the
Rolex a pure mechanical version (Huer an automatic).
  I have little problem resolving the link between a nice watch and a
nice camera and a given state of mind determines what watch and camera
will be used on any given day.  From the Daytona and the M6 or Mamiya 6,
to the "Ugly" GMT II and my Nikon F100, to a Seiko and a phd in my
pocket.  But that is what makes humans different, we pick our objects of
desire and wander about wondering why others choose what they do :->

Bill