Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Useful tripod ?
From: Harrison McClary <harrison@mcclary.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 19:29:57 -0500

>Now you've really made me jealous! But how do you attach the strap to
>the tripod?

What I did to put a strap on my tripod was to get a dog choker coller and
put this around the tripods head.  On one of the legs I gaffer taped a
"D" ring.  I then got a short bungie cord and put this around the legs to
keep them from opening when the strap was being used.  Put one end of the
strap onto the choker chain, the other onto the "D" ring. This has worked
very well for me.  I have hiked many trails including the Linville Gorge,
Hawks Bill and Table Rock Mountian trails in North Carolina.

Best regards,
Harrison McClary
email: harrison@mcclary.net
http://www.mcclary.net