Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Users digest V10 #17
From: Dave Yoder <leica@home.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 21:27:55 -0700

I'm thinking about buying an R-50mm summicron, but one of the earlier of the new
version--Canadian, built-in hood, serial #287xxxx or something like that. Anybody know
if it'll really work fine on an R8? I've heard there isn't much difference in sharpness
between the early and later numbers of that model. And I forgot to find out if it is
3-cam before I bid on it on ebay (I'm high bidder at the moment). I just need a cheap
50mm and I'm hoping something like that will be fine. Any comments/advice beyond what
you generous luggers have already offered me on this issue?

Thanks,

Yoder