Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Users digest V10 #19
From: TDSatty@aol.com
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 17:26:45 EDT

<<<Shoot it out of focus paint it red and call it art.>>>

No kidding!  Last month I went to the SFMOMA to see the Watkins exhibit of
19th century West Coast landscape photography (excellent!).  Afterwards, I
went downstairs to the modern collection....and to think I've been throwing
away those out of focus pictures of my feet and the sidewalk on the beginning
of the roll ... I had no idea they were considered museum quality!  Perhaps
most amazing was an all white painting in 3 panels from the 1950's -- not
even brushworks because the "artist" wanted to convey the absence of artistic
input!  The proverbial white rabbit in a snow bank.  Get some large canvas, a
can of white satin latex and a Wagner Power Painter, and you could put out at
least 5 or 6 an hour, if you were being careful!

Tom Schofield