Subject: Re: [Leica] more news on ddx and d 3200
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 12:30:52 -0700

Christer Almqvist wrote:

>         Just to follow up on this, I checked with Ilford's Senior
> Photographic Engineer, John Placko and he sent me back a quick reply
> stating that DD X will be introduced here in the State's sometime in
> early September.
>
>         DD X is a PQ-type developer which of course should develop
> great film speed and moderately fine grain. Much like Microphen.
><snip>

Except the P which stands for Phenidone ain't exactly the same Phenidone of the
old Microphen days. It's an important derivative. Great strides have been made
with Phenidone and these advantages are also incorporated into Xtol as this
developer also uses a Phenidone derivative as the straight man; the top banana
being an Ascorbic acid derivative. Again the key word being "derivative". The
big "D".
Mark D.Rabiner