Subject: Re: [Leica] Lens Caps and Coupling Rings
From: Kip Babington <cbabing3@postoffice.swbell.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 20:57:02 -0500

InfinityDT@aol.com wrote:

<snip>

>I had to jury-rig two lenscaps together for my Nikons.  I don't trust glue.  I
used flatwashers and pop-rivets.  But I doubt if I'd have ever thought of it were
it not for the Leica couplers.

I had the same experience - saw (and used) the Leica coupler in about 1969, when
I bought my M3, then decided to do the same for my Nikons.  I trusted epoxy,
though, and have had no problems with my Nikon "couplers" in the intervening 30
years.  If I had spare rear caps for my M lenses I'd be tempted to glue two
together, as I prefer the solid partition to the open ring of the coupler.  Just
my prefrence.

Cheers,
Kip