Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Lens Designs and history- the other take
From: "Dale Reed" <dale-reed@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 08:41:30 -0800

<snip>
>any advance has been achieved largely because someone begged,
> borrowed or stole an idea, and eventually it was improved upon.
<snip>

Negatory Dan Post.

People do have new ideas.  All of us think brand new thoughts so we
should carry around a pen and 3x5 card and possibly our M6s to record
these too-rare events.

I am into homeschooling/unschooling and other self-directed learning
environments in an effort to maximize the number of brand new ideas that
future earthling will have.  The present olds fashioned factory model
schools obviously will not work in the information age.

T.S. Eliot said:  "Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?
Where is the knowledge we have list in information?"

And I add:  Do something that a robot cannot do.    Dale
- ---
$ dale-reed@worldnet.att.net  Seattle, Washington U.S.A. $