Subject: [Leica] Leica 1... N & C 214
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 23:27:56 -0700

Hi Folks,

It appears we lost badly in Winnipeg at the Pan American Games. Lost hardly
is the word at  1 Leica vs 214 N & C's! :)

I didn't see one other Leica of any model for two weeks other than my M6 &
R8. That's not to say there weren't others around, I just didn't see any.

Usually what happens when I show up with mine, someone will pull out an M
or make comments about Leica and then reach in a bag and out pops an M6
with a 35mm lens.  Not this time.

As I wasn't shooting the Games in the normal fashion as a sports
photographer I didn't have all the long glass and used the 50 1.4 Summilux
on the R8 and the Noctilux on the M6. More for record and happy snaps. Just
as well, as I didn't have any real picture taking time averaging about 16
hours a day with photo position setting, putting out brush fires between
photographer's vs officials and settling arguments between TV & stills. TV
really is a pain in the ass and getting worse!

However, I stood proudly amoungst the unwashed hordes, Leica held on high
in  a sea of N's & C's! :)

Nice to be home for a bit. Maybe I'll catch-up on some LUG reading although
with 818 posts waiting I'm afraid there is going to be a mother of a
delete! :)

ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant