Subject: RE: [Leica] which inkjet photo paper?
From: "Tim Atherton" <timphoto@nt.sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 16:58:05 -0600

I find the (newer/thicker) Epson Photo paper (SO 41141) gives excellent
colour prints(I am thinking nothing of archival qualities  here etc) with
Epson inks. BUT, no good for B&W. On most papers I find you get either a
bluish green or a magenta tone.

I am thinking of going the Quadtone black inks route, but that is starting
to get too complicated - may be easier to go back to the darkroom!

My feelings and reasons for using them are that these printers provide great
convenience.

I just tried some Ilford paper in the hopes that would help, but even worse
for B&W. Quite good for colour, similar to the Kodak paper.

I am going to try the Konica QP paper on Tina's recommendation. She is, I
think, using it to print B&W from a 1200 or EX? and says she finds it very
good. Had a hard time finding someone in Canada who stocks it though. I
think a number of the computer wholesalers do in the US. I can dig out some
listings if you want.

Tim A