Subject: Re: [Leica] R Superwide Questions
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 1999 12:12:51 -0500

At 11:53 AM 9/3/99 -0300, you wrote:
>The difference is the lens mount.  The lenses designed for just the R
>series have a little step in the mating surface which prevents them from
>mounting on Sl cameras.

Oh, I see. They make them incompatible with earlier models so they don't
mount a lens that won't work on bodies that don't use the third cam. Guess
they could fix that if they wanted to in the conversion process to make
them compatible.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

    My best work is often almost unconscious and occurs ahead of my ability
to understand it. -Sam Abell; "Stay This Moment"