Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica/Olympus
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 1999 23:10:05 -0500

At 07:18 PM 9/7/99 -0500, Bernard Delgado wrote:
> From what I can see, one of the main reasons why you see so many pro
>shooters using EOS gear is because Canon aggressively maintains a presence
>by sending reps to demo gear & give out freebees & do equipmnt checks.

Actually, its the autofocus that converted many press photographers, and
the USM lenses. And Nikon's lack of real autofocus in the F4. I was at a
photojournalism seminar where one presenter shouted to the Nikon rep. in
the back of the room, as he showed a picture a sea of white long lenses at
some major sporting event, "Nikon, fix your damn autofocus!"

It was pitiful sight to see the Nikon rep. taking such abuse. :-)

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Some people say that I'm superficial, but that's just on the surface.