Subject: [Leica] a dog bit my leica. no foolin.
From: kyle cassidy <cassidy@hector.asc.upenn.edu>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 15:11:15 -0400 (EDT)

.. was walking through the park last week with a couple other leicafolk
when a huge burnese mountian dog came bounding up, leapt up on the first
person in our party and bit her on the lip, pushed past her and jumped at
me. instinctively i took a step backwards and as i did, my M6 swung out a
bit in front of me and the dog -- CLOMP! -- bit it square. it sounded like
a brick falling six feet into a cardboard box full of dice. the dog made a
"MAWARP" noise and backed up like i'd slapped it across the nose with a
leather belt, a shocked and hurt expression on it's face. someone in front
of me said "what was that noise?!" turning around (this is all in slow
motion i should mention) at which time i stepped on the dog's leash (which
had been dragging behind it and held its head down on the ground). a
minute later the owner came running up and retrieved her now toothless
charge and they went off looking for some canned dog food it could eat
through a straw.

m6 was fine, little wet though.

always an adventure.

kc