Subject: Re: [Leica] Obtaining Color Prints
From: Doug Herr <Telyt@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 08:28:44 -0400

A proper professional lab can can print Ilfochromes (Cibachrome) of
stunning contrast, depth, and clarity. One of the ways they acheive this
is by carefully produced contrast masques. Before you dismiss Cibachrome
out of hand, you might give them a try for one of these "unprintable"
chromes. My personal recommendation is Portland Photographics in
Portland Maine. info@portphoto.com or www.portphoto.com

  rwyble@erols.com
  Richard J. Wyble
<<<

Richard,

No question, a good contrast mask would work wonders with several of my
unprintable chromes.  There are other photos which have significant damage
(scratches and even gouges) or were made with light that had extreme color
casts that only a trip through Photoshop made the images worth printing.

If I really want a Cibachrome of my digitized photos, there's a lab in Las
Vegas that's running Cibachrome in their LightJet 5000.  I won't send one
of my chromes that far away but I have no problem sending a digital file
out for printing.

Doug Herr
Sacramento