Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 is a point and shoot.
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 06:49:08 -0700

>Ted Grant wrote:
>
>> Hey guys, Come on!  I don't think it was an outcry.  It was straight
>> from the shoulder experience for Anthony to learn how to use the
>> world's greatest point and shoot camera....an M6!

Bernard responded:.

>Ted said it, not me.>>>>

G'day Bernard.

But compared to all those point and shoot auto everything cameras, the M6
truly is the simplest point and shoot camera you can have in your hands.
(albeit a tad expensive P&S! :)

It doesn't take much thought to use, it "auto focuses" as fast as your
finger tips, quiet, unobtrusive, simple working for simple minded folks!:)
It doesn't take a rocket scientist nor thirteen weeks of questions on how
to make it work!!

You don't have an 182 page instruction manual explaining how to set all the
twiddly dials, programmes, off-on switches, not to mention little windows
that glow in the dark at light levels you can't shoot hand hold etc etc.

And it doesn't up and quit on you right in the middle of the arctic at 50
below zero just as you're about to be attacked by a rabid arctic hare!!!!
(it wasn't a funny experience)!!!!!!   After thought? yeah I guess it was
as long as one survived.:)

Just set it at the smallest aperture for max depth of field and  "away you
go pointing and shooting!"

It wasn't a derogatory expression, it was complimentary of the M6.

It's an absolutely no brainer camera to use. This is so simple it allows
the photographer to totally concentrate on what is going on around him or
her with any concern of "damn I'm in the wrong mode. oops! forgot to turn
on the auto what's it. etc etc.!

It's one of the admirable P&S cameras in the world!  And like the "pink
battery bunny" they go on, go on, go on!

So is it a point and shoot? You're damn right it is with little thought and
none when using it!   Look! See! Point! Shoot!   "KISS" it baby!  (keep it
simple stupid!) :):)

ted.

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant