Subject: Re: [Leica] The cost of going digital
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 08:47:59 -0500

At 08:43 AM 9/28/99 -0200, Greg Locke wrote:
>NOPE!  I spent a year doing research and cost analysis of purchasing a
>digital camera for my business and came to the conclusion that unless it
>will save or generate $20,000.00 per year it is not a financially sound
>investment.

Greg,

You are coming to the same conclusion as many folks I know. It's not for
the money savings that digital cameras are going to be used professionally
for some time to come. The only reason to go digital is speed. The Nikon D1
is only now going to be able to change this as it starts to roll off the
assembly line. Wonder how much it will cost to fix. For Kodak and Canon to
lower the prices on the DC and DCS cameras, do they also lower the price of
the repairs? I doubt it.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Your E-Mail has been returned due to insufficient voltage