From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 1999 16:21:31 -0700

Alexander wrote:

> Hello LUG.
> I have communicated with Brian.
> We have the green light for the creation of the new LeicaSLR list.
> I am currently testing out the territory. We should be ready in 24- max
> 48 hours.
> I will also build a web site around the list. Hopefully it will include
> FAQs, photographers links, general links, charts, history of the SLR's
> and many other goodies. of course, these will take time to implement.
>
> I will post the subscription address tomorrow for those interested in
> the SLR - R- series dedicated list.
>
> Thank you.
>
> --
> Warm Regards,
> Alexander

I am also starting a list for people who hold the camera shutter down when
making a vertical shot. We are in a minority and find we can't relate with these
people who somehow feel comfortable with their cameras dangling upside down from
their hand.(What if a wind came by?!) I will keep this LUG list daily informed
as to the development and will be contacting Brian who I'm sure is a Saint.
Please start sending in scans of your vertical camera grip technique as we will
post them all on the web site, no shutter ups allowed. It will include shutter
down FAQs, Vertical photographers links, charts. I have found the tone of all
this shutterupmanships intolerable. Please leave this site and join mine. I'm a
real nice guy.
Warmest Regards
Your Pal
Mark