Subject: RE: [Leica] digital printing - scan negs or prints?
From: Simon Pulman-Jones <spulmanjones@lbs.ac.uk>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 13:47:17 -0000

In my previous post I should have made it clear that I am thinking of using
a flat bed to scan from my existing prints or from small 6x4 proof prints
in order to be able to learn and experiment with Photoshop, rather than as
a long term solution to outputting all my images.  The ideal solution would
be to use flat bed scans of prints and high resolution scans of film where
appropriate - but I am just interested to find out whether the flat bed
only option would be a sensible move for the time being, allowing me to
wait for the next generation of film scanners whilst I get some practice
with Photoshop.  Or will I really be missing out on image quality by using
print rather than film scans?

Simon,
London.