Subject: Re: [Leica] Journalistic principles
From: "Bryan Caldwell" <bcaldwell@softcom.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 1999 16:19:26 -0800

Eric,

My point was simply that cameras in the court room, as well as print
journalists in the court room, bring up more than just the First Amendment.
There are other Constitutional rights involved. Whenever Constitutional
rights conflict, the courts adopt certain types of balancing tests weighing
the interests involved.

Again, U.S. Constitutional issues are complicated and impossible to
accurately sum up with simple, blanket statements.

Bryan