Subject: Re: [Leica] A trip to Paris: Suspicious powdwers
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 07:28:54 -0700

Hah! Amusing powder incidents are sure to be coming soon. Please be careful
about carrying generic looking (especially white) powders through customs!
The poor customs chappies nerves are shot these days and they are apt to get
a little excited at the least provocation. My Palestinian friend was born
and raised in Canada but decided to visit Israel/Palestine to do the usual
land of one's forefathers thing. He had a cold and was carrying Neocitron
(sp?) in a plastic bag. Well the border guards not only did not believe him,
they took him to a private room and made him eat the whole bag while they
watched! I do not know the effects of ODing on cold medicine but he
survived. His conciliatory attitude towards Israel suffered though.

John Collier