Subject: Re: [Leica] Kindermann
From: Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 09:25:39 -03-30

At 11:47 PM 12/02/00 +0000, you wrote:
>As far as I know, most manufacturers change distributors hoping to
>increase sales, and little else. Larger distributors do tend to sell
>more.
>
>--Mike

         But Mike, what happens if no one will deal with the distributor?

In Canada the photo business (especially the pro sector) is pretty small
and word spreads quickly. While Lisle-Kelko may be a the
Hasselbladdistributor. Leica should have checked with "users", not
accountants before  dumping Kindermann.

I have never heard a good word about Lisle-Kelco from my Hasselblad using
pro friends or, indeed, the owner of the pro shops and lab here.  They also
distribute lab equipment.

Kindermann has a very loyal and happy clientele in Canada, I can't image
their numbers would be that bad to warrant the switch.

Either Lisle-Kelco made a REALLY good snake oil pitch or, once again,
corporate stupidity (or banality), shuffled its feet.

Either way, this is a bad thing.

Greg Locke                         St. John's, Newfoundland
locke@straylight.ca              http://www.straylight.ca/locke
Touched By Fire: doctors without borders in a third world crisis.
http://www.straylight.ca/touchedbyfire.htm
ISBN#0-7710-5305-3 McClelland & Stewart