Subject: Re: [Leica] Shooting Rattlesnakes in the Wild
From: Jeffcoat Photography <jeffcoatphoto@sumter.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 11:04:16 -0500

Careful what you suggest. This type of weapon is not legal just about any place
if the barrel is under 20" and pistol grips are one of those things on Mr.
Clintons bad, spelt forbidden list. Snakes are far less of a threat than most
folks want to admit. I leave rattlers lying in the woods every yr unmolested-
they do a lot of good with rodent control. Educate yourself and live in
harmony! They are far more afraid of you than you of them. Given even the
slightest advantage of warning they will be long gone before you ever get
close. So I'm not totally misunderstood as a tree hugging goreoooophile. I will
defend mine and me in the wild or from the trespasser in the back yard who
shouldn't be there.

Cheers Wilber GFE
tel. 803-469-2440

http://www.jeffcoatphotography.com

LawsonCL@aol.com wrote:

> > Fourth, I have heard that you always carry a 38 cal or 357 cal pistol
> >  loaded with scatter shot in the event you have a problem
>
> I'd shun a handgun in favor of a short-barreled, pistol-grip .410 gauge
> shotgun with #8 or #9 shot. Single shot, break action will do. That means
> cheap.
>
> Ask a kid, I dispatched hundreds of poisonous snakes with a Daisy BB gun. I
> do not recommend this tool as a safety option for those slow of foot nor
> unsure of aim.
>
> Chris Lawson

- --