Subject: [Leica] Color-Heliar 75/2.5
From: John Brownlow <deadman@jukebox.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 19:59:16 +0000

I just traded in my Jupiter 85/2 (which had a worn cam and wasn't focusing
properly) for one of the above (with adjustment!), partly as a result of Tom
A's recommendation and other reviews. Haven't processed anything yet but the
first impressions are excellent. It's very small and light, a great
streetshooting lens (no-one took any notice of me, even when I was shooting
very close -- perhaps it looks more like a wideangle than a tele).

I particularly like the ergonomics. The focus throw is very short, which
makes it extremely quick to use even without a lug, and the balance with an
M body is impeccable. The closest thing in feel I've used is a skinny
elmarit-90, but this is smaller and less conspicuous.

The guy I bought it off told me the Voigtlander lenses were selling well and
were "getting a lot of people into Leica bodies who wouldn't otherwise have
bought them".

- --
John Brownlow

       photos:    http://www.pinkheadedbug.com