Subject: [Leica] Leica Users digest V15 #83
From: Frank Dernie <FrankDernie@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 05:39:12 -0500

Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 21:26:15 +0100
From: Nathan Wajsman wrote
At first the colours
seemed very muted compared to the Fuji films I have been shooting the
past few years, but then I realised that this film gives the more
accurate colour rendition (as evidenced  by some portraits on the roll).

I know exactly what you mean. I always think Velvia is analogous to
listening to the stereo with the loudness function engaged. Impressive,
many people prefer it but certainly not accurate reproduction.

OTOH it can be used like a tone control to brighten up dull weather
situations.
cheers Frank