Subject: [Leica] Len shade help
From: Gary Klein <leicaman_99@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2000 00:29:07 -0600

I really appreciate the tips and unraveling the mysterious code to me of
Leica parts.   I don't know yet if I am going to get a user vintage hood,
or a new hood that is for the current Elmar.  As it is I won't make any
decision for a week or so.  I am looking forward to getting some K25 back
from the lab I have run through my M.  I think part of the fun of older
stuff is the hunt for a certain part.  I find it a lot of fun.  But nothing
is as fun as having a perfectly functioning piece of older gear.

In all reality, I am surprised how good my old Elmar does perform now that
I had it completely rebuilt.  I think its a credit to how well they made
lenses at Leitz back in the early days of the M.  Now the lens is no
current APO, but it produces photos that have a nice look.

gck