Subject: Re: [Leica] Going Digital (OT)
From: Rich Lahrson <tripspud@wenet.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 08:45:24 -0800

> Given what's been happening in the N-C wars, I wouldn't bet the ranch that
> Canon won't soon appear with something that, if it doesn't blow the socks of
> the D-1, will certainly match it....

Hi,

     Anything 'digital' means new designs coming soon.  And as proven
in the past the 'old' stuff like the Nikon D-1 gets cheaper.  I'll bet
in a year or two's time you can get a D-1 body for close to $2k, provided
it's been replaced or upgraded.

     I bought an M3 with an Elmar 50/2.8 from a big store in about '80
for $450.  Now I want another similar outfit and I gotta pay more.....

				Cheers,

							Rich Lahrson
							tripspud@wenet.net