Subject: Re: [Leica] <OT> H seminar <OT>
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2000 08:27:10 -0700

Donal Philby wrote:

> Jim Brick wrote:
> >
> > Last night Ernst Wildi gave a three hour Hasselblad seminar at Keeble &
> > Shuchat photography.
> >
> > 320  6x6 slides. Dual Hasselblad projectors with Zeiss lenses.
> >
> > Enlightening to say the least!
> >
> > More like Stunning!
> >
> Jim,
>
> I saw such a show of his at a North Amer Nature Photogs gather a couple
> years ago and my feeling and those of others at the table was accute
> embarrassment for him showing such sharp, clear and utterly BORING
> images.  He'd do fine at a local camera club, but not beyond.  I
> remember writing letters to both NANPA and Hassy complaining about
> wasting our time.
>
> Poor fella' to not know any better.
>
> Donal (who fortunately only occasionally gets on an elitest high horse)
>
> --
> Donal Philby

Is Ernst Wildi an esthetic expert or a technical expert? I thought the latter!
I'm always relieved by the technical "guys" not taking better pictures than me.
Who wants that?
I just want to see how all the stuff works and looks and not be shown up!
Mark (who tends to be on a horse of a different color)  Rabiner