Subject: [Leica] Colour film
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2000 16:11:34 -0400

I recently was fortunate enough to acquire a Leica R7 in fabulous condition
at an even more fabulous price.  I have for some time been meaning to get an
SLR to do colour photography (I use B&W exclusively in the Ms) but it's been
such a long time since I used colour film, I suddenly find I have no clue
what do use.

Most of the time, I'll probably be scanning the images for web-page
production.  Occasionally, I would like to get a (traditional chemical)
print to send to someone, or to hang on a wall.

I'm looking for something that has natural colours, smooth tonal rendition,
and preferably one that holds detail both in shadows and highlights (except
under extreme conditions).  I don't like the over-saturated look of many of
the modern films that seems so popular today.  I'm looking for a more
delicate, tender, and muted look.

So, you guys who know colour stock, what would you recommend?  Neg or
chrome?  Which films from which manufacturer match my descriptions above?

M.

- --
Martin Howard                     |
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU       |    What boots up must come down.
email: howard.390@osu.edu         |