Subject: Re: [Leica] FS: Late M3 in very very good user shape
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Fri, 05 May 2000 15:56:34 -0400

Jean-Claude Berger jotted down the following:

> I have the following body to sell:
>
> Description
>
> Late (serial number 1101926) single stroke Leica M3 in very good user shape.
> This body works perfectly. It comes with the body cap but only one sync
> connector cap.
>
> [...]
>
> Price $890 plus shipping.

No, no, no, no, and NO!  ;)  Do yourself a big favor and take some good
shots of this on chrome film, showing the body from all angles.  Then scan
the shots, either using your own scanner or using a commercial scanning
service (many of the better labs offer this at about $8 a pop, or go for the
Kodak CD which is cheaper per scan, but you must pay for the CD and it
probably takes longer).  Then stick it on eBay.  You should get a whole hell
of a lot more than $890 for a 1.1 million M3.  If $890 is the minimum you
want, just put a reserve price of $890 on it, but I'm determined that it'll
go above that.

M.

- --
Martin Howard                 | Super Cali goes ballistic, Celtics are
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU   | atrocious.
email: howard.390@osu.edu     |       -- British sports headline.