Subject: Re: [Leica] (OT) Bags: Billingham Hadley vs Domke F-803
From: Bmceowen@aol.com
Date: Sat, 27 May 2000 15:38:39 EDT

In a message dated 5/27/00 12:00:01 PM, vanhulsenbeek@wxs.nl writes:

<< I got the Domke yesterday and it is cute.

However, as good as is the bag, as crappy is the insert.

Unlovingly designed and made, and unfinished at the bottom.

But, surprise: the super insert of the Billingham Hadley (three compartments

and lots of room) fits the Domke as a hand in a glove! The combination.

Domke and Billingham insert is the best of to worlds! And when I switch

between the two,

i just take the insert with camera and all!

Present contents: M6HM, 35/2 asph, 24 asph, 90 A-asph, lighmeter, Sf20 flash

assortment of filters, spare lenscaps, rear-lenscaps, viewfinder for 24,

batteries, extra battery cover (R5, with slit!), and plenty of room for

daily ration of film.

Hope someone likes this tip!

Sounds nice. I use the Domke three compartment insert in my 803. Using
leather lens pouches I layer the contents of my bag. When shooting the bodies
aren't in there anyway so the layering works really well. The 15mm Heliar and
finder goes underneath a body with 35mm attached, the 50mm goes between a
body with the 24mm and finder attached, the third compartment holds the 90mm
and a few doo-dads at the bottom. There's room at the end of the
three-compartment insert for either another body or a tape recorder. One
front pocket holds a Minolta Flashmeter III and the other the ubiquitous
Kodak 100-foot bulk film can containing 11 rolls of film. It's amazing how
much that little bag holds.

Bob (waxes long about bags) McEowen