Subject: [Leica] i saw another gen-x leicaslacker!
From: Kyle Cassidy <cassidy@netaxs.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2000 18:08:08 -0400 (EDT)

i did, i did! on my way home from work yesterday there was some grungy
rock band standing in the middle of the street looking fierece or
depressed or over caffinated or drug-deprived or some variation of those,
and in front of them was kneeling this dude in dreadlocks with a champaign
coloured M6 with an auxiliary finder on the top, i'm assuming he was using
a heliar, as he was Real Close to them. i didn't stop to chat as i was
carrying a mamyia 645 and when gen-x leicaslackers see someone carrying a
mamyia 645 the natural impulse is not to greet them but to shout "goddamn
wedding photographer!" and throw rocks to try and make them run away. but
he was also pretty busy, barking commands at the band "look more drug
addled! -- now look glum! glummer! -- glummer than that, you posers -- do
you want this to sell or not? somebody wake chet up! -- damnit, dont make
me hit you again you crazy bastard! now hunch your shoulders -- slouch!
where's my goddamn latte?  christy! get me my goddamn latte! how am i
supposed to make art like this? okay you freakish sex maniacs, work for
me, work it, look emaciated! christy! bring me my veuve cliquot! -- it's
in the starbucks cup, and another two rolls of that 2475 recording film."

on the whole it looked a lot more sophisticated than one of my shoots and
i didn't want to bust his groove. but i was pleased to see that there was
more than one of us in the world.

kc

http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/leicaslacker