Subject: Re: [Leica] Techniques Please?
From: "Simon Lamb" <s_lamb@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 16:02:04 +0100

That's good information.  I was also thinking about faster neg film as an
alternative to using Scala all the time.  The Scala at 1600 is great (I
think the new first shot of Lillie on my link below shows excellent contrast
between the highlights and shadows with Scala at that speed) but I also have
a whole heap of Tri-X and was not sure of the results if I pushed it more
than one stop.  Good to hear that the grain does not become an issue
(although I sometimes like grain as a feature of an image).

Time to use a few rolls of Tri-X at 1600 I think.

Simon

Amateur efforts at http://www.phoenixdb.co.uk/leica