Subject: Re: [Leica] 35-70/2.8 out of production ??? commercial point of view !!!
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 07:34:25 -0700

Hans-Peter. wrote:

> Price, weight and bulk in relation to its not so exciting zoom range
> and speed show that Leica’s design department could not do miracles. The
> market is limited and a limited production run to eliminate the risk of
> an unsold stock of lenses was a wise decision.
>
> However, I am curious how that project looks like from the commercial
> point of view. <<<<<<<<<<<
And Hans-Peter wrote a bunch more........

Hans-Peter,
Interesting questions,  may I offer a place to send this post where
maybe you'll receive answers from the manufacturer, rather than a group
of outsiders who can at best, guess at the answers.

Directly to Hanns - Peter Cohn, CEO of Leica,  or to Gero Furchheim PR
officer  of Leica in Solms.  Just maybe you'll receive an answer....Maybe!

ted