Subject: Re: [Leica] Practical Photography review
From: John Hicks <jbh@magicnet.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2000 21:57:35 -0400

At 04:42 PM 7/5/00 -0400, you wrote:

>Are you a Brit?

  No; central Florida.

>I lived in the U.K. for many years and observed that so-called "value for
>money" was necessarily very high on the list of consumer priorities there.
>I think we Americans have been spoiled by our relatively high disposable
>incomes.

  Yes, could be that's where it comes from. I've certainly never heard of
anyone dumping product at unreasonably low prices on the UK market to gain
market share.

> For instance, their critiques of readers' photos are often brutal...even
cruel.

  I've seen that too...not to say that the entry wasn't truly poor in more
than one case.

  One thing I do give PP and AP; they're not hesitant to publish opinions,
sometimes very strongly, which is something not often seen in American
photo mags.

John Hicks

jbh@magicnet.net