Subject: Re: [Leica] UV filter and 21mm ASPH lens - do they fit together?
From: Robert Jagitsch <robertj@powerlogix.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 23:41:08 -0500

>Does anyone out there shoot with a Leitz UV filter on the 21mm ASPH lens?
>
>I'm thinking of buying the E55 filter for the lens, and just looked at
>the
>mounted lens shade.  If I imagine an E55 filter mounted on the lens,
>it looks like it will interfere with the lens shade mounting ring.
>
>Is this true?  Does anyone out there shoot with the 21mm ASPH lens,
>with a UV filter and the lens shade mounted?
>
>I'm from the school of "scratched or dirty filter is cheaper than
>scratched or dirty front element".
>
>TIA
>Vick

To answer your question, yes, the Leitz E55 fits with the 21 ASPH and
the lens shade with no interference.

As far as whether you want to put your lens behind a filter, there
are other replies to discuss that issue!

- -Robert

Message from Vick Ko <vick.ko@sympatico.ca> ([Leica] UV filter and 21mm ASPH lens - do they fit together?)