Subject: Re: [Leica] M4-P: Vivitar 283 or 285
From: Bmceowen@aol.com
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 18:08:09 EDT

In a message dated 7/28/00 10:22:53 AM, SteSanch@aol.com writes:

<< I'm new to my M4-P. Looking for advice on a flash -- another M user
suggested
a vivitar 283 or 285. Reasonable suggestion? Thanks.

Reasonable but neither allows you to swivel the head so that you can bounce
in the vertical position. Also both feature completely UNintuitive display
scales. You might also look at the Sunpak 383 or my favorite a used Minolta
320 (they aren't made any more) . . .

Bob (just call me Phil (flash)) McEowen