Subject: RE: [Leica] moving parts: Lecia and Ferrari
From: Robert Appleby <robert.appleby@tin.it>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 10:15:30 +0200

Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2000 18:37:02 -0700
From: Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>
Actually, I heard that the mystical properties of the Noctilux we achieved
by propitiating the gods of darkness by sacrificing a bat.  It was
apparently hurled into the vat of molten high-index glass as a coven of men
held aloft slide-rules and chanted the cosine^4 law, all the while
illuminated in light of the exact minimum EV that could be recorded on Tri-X
by the new lens.

Paul

<<<<<
Hurled? Hurled?? Surely you mean "positioned", this is "precision and
fascination" we're talking here.
If there's a full moon on Barnack's birthday Noctilux owners can hear a
high-pitched squeaking coming from their camera bags. And a ghostly flutter
of wings from the darkroom...
Rob.
Robert Appleby
V. Bellentani 36