Subject: Re: [Leica] Problem or Normal?
From: Gilbert Plantinga <gilplant@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 22:07:02 -0400

on 10/23/00 8:22 PM, Terry Sham at tsham@netvigator.com wrote:

> Dear friends,
>
> I need your help again. I have just bought a silver M6 TTL 0.72 yesterday. I
> have found a strange thing that my previous cameras havrn't got. After I
> have taken a photo every time at 1/500 or 1/1000, there will be a little
> '"click" sound when I turn the shutter speed dial slower than 8s~1s. Is it
> normal? Or my M6 has a problem?
>
> Thanks a lot!
>
> Terry Sham

My black M6 TTL 0.72 does this but my .085 does not. I brought it in to
Leica in New Jersey while on other business there and had Brenda Olesin take
a look at it. She seemed concerned took it to the repair department for a
look. She came back a few minutes later and said that the repair guy said it
was normal, something about the new ones have a stronger spring somewhere in
there. I remain skeptical, glad I have the passport...

Gilbert