Subject: Re: [Leica] mechanical shutters
From: Javier Perez <summarex@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 02:21:48 -0500

In my last post I was referring exclusively to
electronic shutters, not entire camera control systems.

According to what I've heard,
Independent of the type application, most installed
ICs fail because of faulty power regulation or static
I guess mobile phones must be a very rough neighborhood for an IC.
Since I'm not really into new cameras too much I can only wonder what types
of chips live inside them. I remember a Nikon FE I once worked on had a small
surface mount dip-like IC with a Nikon label on it. I don't remember if it was a
std package
Leitz used a Ferranti chip also surface mount on the R4. I tried xrefing it some
time back but couldn't find
any matches. I assume it's a linear device of some sort or at most a collection
of gates.
This is a fascinating area for me. Does anyone have more info on the type of
chips used in
Cameras? Proprietary or standard? Any bonafide microprocessors or just linears
and gates?
See Ya
Javier