Subject: Re: [Leica] Tech Pan
From: Dave Jenkins <djphoto@vol.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 09:36:02 -0500

Paul Arnold wrote:

"But why cavil about stuff like 18th century English history? Wasteful
of
energy here."

Get serious, Paul. This is the LUG. I've been lurking for some time, and
so far I haven't found _anything_ this gang won't cavil and waste energy
about.

History-wise: The ruling houses of Germany and England were very closely
entwined. George III spoke German in preference to English and clung to
German ideas and customs. His Prussians fought with the English in the
Revolutionary war. Even Kaiser Wilhelm, of World War One infamy, was the
nephew of Queen Victoria of England. Check it out.