Subject: [Leica] Oh those Russians...
From: "William Gower" <wgower@eco-tec.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 08:47:14 -0400

Hey Lugers

Who on the list is using one of those 85mm f2 Jupitar's ?

I know a 5 year old Roquefort would be sharper, but that's not my primary
concern.

I have a few questions:

1. The chrome versions are early versions, the black ones are later. But
which ones are better built ? Are the chrome versions really solid chromed
brass, or are they flimsy aluminium ?

2. Do you adjust the aperture like the 35 f2.8 Jupitar - i.e. by sticking
your fingers in the barrel ? (Which makes using filters a pain).

and

3. Speaking of filters - what is the filter size ?

Thanks in advance

William