Subject: [Leica] correfot.
From: goldman@math.umn.edu
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 19:42:50 -0600 (CST)

	The correfot was the Leitz autofocus module built into an SL or
SL2.  It was shown at the Leica Historical Society meeting in St. Paul,
Minnesota (some time in the 80's?)  As someone said it had a piece that
looked like the motor attached to it.  I beliieve it contained a motor for
moving the lens and lots of batteries.  I remember comments to the effect
that it really ate batteries.  I remember that some people were allowed to
load film and take pictures with it.
	Bad memory, but I thought Leitz sold any patent rights to
Honeywell.  Can anyone confirm that?
Jay Goldman