Subject: [Leica] Re: Hasselblad lenses
From: "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 08:28:08 -0800

At 7:19 AM -0800 12/5/00, Jim Brick wrote:
>At 10:56 PM 12/4/00 -0800, Henning J. Wulff wrote:
>>
>>The 100 and 38 are wonderful, but the early 40/4 qualifies as a 'bow
>>wow' in my experience, as do various other early retrofocus
>>wideangles. This group and zooms have been the beneficiaries of the
>>greatest advancements in optical performance in the last 40 years,
>>starting as they did from rather humble beginnings.
>>
>>--
>>     *            Henning J. Wulff
>

>My current 40 CFE is certainly not a bow wow. I just used it on a job for a
>CD album cover of a small jazz band. Eight members. Sharp as could possibly
>be via 10x loupe.
>
>Maybe they updated the design.
>
>Jim

They certainly have. In the late 70's or early 80's. The old one was
much larger and heavier, and had quite noticeable performance
falloff, as Erwin would say, 'in the field'. The new one isn't quite
in the 38 Biogon class, but it's a huge improvement.

- --
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
  /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com