Subject: Re: [Leica] Fw: Photos
From: "Ken Iisaka" <ken@iisaka.org>
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2001 15:14:40 -0800

> Margaret Jeffcoat wrote:
> >
> > I would suggest that if you like it and it's working for your situation
then
> > go with it. I really don't think your missing anything.
> > Personally I've not tried the TMax in the 400 35mm, still use the Tri X
and
> > am pleased. Would switch if something told me that
> > would yield better results.
> > Cheers Wilber

The trouble with Tri-X is that its speed is really overstated, and is really
about ISO160/23 in order to retain some details in the zone II.  That's only
one speed faster than Ilford Delta 100 (ISO80/20) and a full stop slower
than Delta 400 (ISO 320/26).

I do love the creamy tonality of Tri-X combined with Noctilux, but for most
occasions, I use Ilford Delta 100.

Message from "Margaret Jeffcoat" <margaret01@excelonline.com> (Re: [Leica] Fw: Photos)
Message from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Fw: Photos)