Subject: Re: [Leica] Signage Project
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 07:16:21 +0100

Douglas,

I love these shots! I am always attracted to strange or funny signs, or to
interesting juxtapositions of sign and real life. I think that advertisements
are one of the best expressions of the spirit of the time. When I was in New
York in May 2000 I was struck by all the billboards advertising dot.coms. I
wonder what I will find when I return there in a couple of weeks?

Nathan

Douglas Cooper wrote:

> Thought I'd direct you to a new project I have posted on my site.  I started
> on this before seeing the Walker Evans retrospective at the Met, but his
> early work on signs inspired me to take it further.  Shot mostly with a
> Leica; some with a Rolleiflex TLR.
>
> http://www.dysmedia.com/Photography/SwollenHead.html  (click on
> "Unmarketable.)
>
> Oh, and for what it's worth, looks like I'm still searching for the perfect
> 90mm. if anyone wants to arrange a trade...
>
> cheers,
>
> Douglas Cooper

- --
Nathan Wajsman