Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: Mac crashes (was: No more PAWs...)
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 08:35:34 -0500

Steve LeHuray wrote, in part:

> I think all of the G4 crashes are related to the Microsoft Office junk.

Aha!  Micro$oft Word used to be a relatively small, functional product about
three version numbers ago.  It was with great reluctance I installed Office
98 on the computer at work, as it litters the harddrives and system folder
with strange extentions and odd runtime libraries a bit like landmines.
Unfortunately, if you wish to exchange data (or viruses and other diseases)
then you're left with little choice.  And, as we all know, computers only
really become useful once you connect them together.

M.

- --
Martin Howard                    | "We learned that there is no such thing
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU      | as a free launch".
email: howard.390@osu.edu        |   -- Dr P. Murdin on Cluster II launch