Subject: Re: [Leica] Voigtlander Color-Heliar 75mm f2.5
From: Henry Ambrose <digphoto@telalink.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 18:45:37 -0600

B. D. wrote in part:
>Quite frankly, if I am going to be doing any
>real shooting with any thing longer than a 50 it will be mounted on a
>reflex, which for me means the Nikon 85 1.4, which is as good as
>anything Leica makes, or the the 60 2.8 macro, which is also as good as
>what the gnomes of solms turn out...;-)

I would accept this if you add in something like "when stopped down to
5.6 or 8"
because other wise - they ain't !

The 60 2.8 is probably the very best that Nikon makes. I use one on an
almost daily basis. It's not so good wide open. Trust me.

Leica stuff beats it at large apertures.
(in this case at 2.8 which is not so large)

85 as well although I have not tried a new AF version, so I could be wrong
(don't think so)

Henry Ambrose

PS: doesn't it feel good to argue about camera stuff again?

PPS: or should we talk about war atrocities and any faint connection
there
might be to Nikon or the Japanese optical industry?

no, please don't go there !

Replies: Reply from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Voigtlander Color-Heliar 75mm f2.5)